Production Plant Tour
[ See Farm Tour ]
If you would like to schedule a tour, please call the dairy at 225-753-2121 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to request specific dates. Tours are currently limited to one per day and must be scheduled accordingly. You will be contacted to confirm your request once we receive it.
|Plant Tour Location:
Kleinpeter Farms Dairy, L.L.C.
14444 Airline Highway
Baton Rouge, La 70817
|OPEN GOOGLE MAP
Kleinpeter Farms Dairy conducts tours of its processing/packaging facility in Baton Rouge by appointments only. Tours are held on Tuesdays and Fridays at 9 am only. Tour groups are limited to a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 50 persons.
Children under six (6) years of age cannot be allowed on the plant premises, and there must be at least one (1) adult chaperone for every six (6) children taking the tour. The tour cannot be conducted without the proper number of chaperones. These requirements are necessary to comply with safety and insurance regulations. Also, the facility is NOT handicap accessible. Anyone who requires walking assistance cannot be allowed to tour the plant. If, upon arrival, a group member is deemed unable to complete the tour, he or she will be asked to wait for the group in the front lobby. Please be advised this decision is at the discretion of management.
While no deposit is required to hold your tour reservations, we ask that you call one (1) day in advance to confirm your attendance. Directions to the Dairy Plant are located below. Upon arrival, please stop at the front parking lot and send a representative to the front office. Please do not depart any vehicle(s) until your tour guide meets and directs you to tour parking. If for any reason, you cannot make the tour on the scheduled day, please call 225-753-2121 or 1-800-831-6455 to let us know you will not be coming. We will be happy to reschedule your tour.
Directions From Baton Rouge:
Directions From New Orleans:
- Travel from Downtown South
- Take I-10 East to New Orleans
- At the I-10/I-12 split, Take I-12 E to Hammond
- Take Exit #2A onto US-61 South (Airline Highway)
- Go 5.2 miles.
- Continue traveling South until you see Kleinpeter Farms Dairy (big yellow & purple sign) on the right.
- Take I-10 West
- Take Exit #166 onto LA-42/LA-427 (Highland Road). Bear right.
- Continue down Highland Road until you come to US-61 (Airline Highway).
- Turn Left onto US-61 (Airline Highway)
- Travel approximately one mile North on Airline Highway until you see the Kleinpeter Farms Dairy (big yellow & purple sign) on the left.
General Tour Guidelines:
- All children touring the Kleinpeter plant must be six (6) years of age by the day of the tour to be allowed inside the facility. This rule is necessary to comply with insurance regulations.
- For safety purposes, there must be a minimum ratio of 6:1 students to chaperones in order for the tour to be conducted. Chaperones are requested to spread out evenly in the group as the tour progresses.
- This facility is not handicap accessible. Anyone requiring walking assistance cannot be allowed to tour the facility. This is for their safety.
- There is no photography allowed in the plant.
- Anyone becoming unruly and refusing to comply with the rules set by management will be asked to leave immediately.
- Please note there are NO picnic areas/facilities at either tour location.
Please be advised that management has the final authority to grant or deny access to the facility. Should someone in the group be denied access, they will be shown to a lobby area where they may wait for the group.
Be advised that you have been given these regulations from Kleinpeter Farms Dairy prior to touring the facility. Any violation causing harm to anyone in the group or damage to the facility will be the responsibility of the group and/or the group leader. Kleinpeter Farms Dairy will not be held responsible for the group’s noncompliance.
NOTE: If it is raining on your scheduled day, please call the dairy at 225-753-2121 in advance to see if your tour will be held. Because tours are outdoors, it is not possible to conduct them during inclement weather.
We look forward to seeing you soon and hope you enjoy the tour!