Kleinpeter Farms Tour
[ See Plant Tour ]
If you would like to schedule a tour, please call the dairy at 225-753-2121 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to request specific dates. Tours are currently limited to one per day and must be scheduled accordingly. You will be contacted to confirm your request once we receive it.
|Farm Tour Location:
Kleinpeter Farms Dairy, L.L.C.
305 Golden Guernsey Lane
Montpelier, La 70453
|OPEN GOOGLE MAP
Kleinpeter Farms Dairy conducts tours of its dairy farm in Pine Grove, La. between 9 am and 2 pm, Monday through Friday. The tours consist of seeing how the food for the cows is grown and stored, where the cows live, what they eat, the milking parlor, and the baby calves.
Tour groups must consist of no fewer than 10 people, each a minimum of six (6) years of age, and no more then 45 people to a group. The tour must be confirmed at least a week in advance with a $25 deposit that will be refunded upon arrival at the farm. There must be one (1) adult chaperone for every 10 children taking the tour. Also, the facility is NOT handicap accessible. Anyone who requires walking assistance cannot be allowed to tour the farm. If, upon arrival a group member is deemed unable to complete the tour, he or she will be asked to wait for the group in the farm office. Please be advised this decision is at the discretion of the farm manager.
Directions to the dairy farm are below. When you arrive at the gated entrance, you must key in the gate code. Please call the day before the tour to obtain the gate code. Drive to the building at the end of the road to the redbrick Kleinpeter logo. Your tour guide will be waiting for you there. If, for any reason you cannot make the tour on the scheduled day, please call 225-753-2121 or 1-800-831-6455 to reschedule your tour. If the tour is not cancelled 24 hours prior to the scheduled time, the deposit is non-refundable.
Directions From Baton Rouge:
Directions From New Orleans:
- Travel East on I-12 towards Hammond, LA
- Take I-12 Exit # 10 – Denham Springs
- Turn Left heading North on LA 3002 (South Range Avenue)
- (The farm is approximately 26 miles from I-12)
- North LA 3002 S. Range changes into N. Range (East LA 16) when it crosses Florida Blvd. In Denham Springs Continue traveling East on LA 16 until you see Kleinpeter Farms Dairy (big yellow & purple sign) on the left.
- Travel North on I-55 towards Hammond, LA
- Take I-55 Exit # 46 – Montpelier and Amite City
- Turn Left heading West LA 16
- Travel approximately 13 miles until you see Kleinpeter Farms Dairy (big yellow & purple sign) on the right
General Tour Guidelines:
- All children touring the Kleinpeter plant must be six (6) years of age by the day of the tour to be allowed inside the facility. This rule is necessary to comply with insurance regulations.
- For safety purposes, there must be a minimum ratio of 6:1 students to chaperones in order for the tour to be conducted. Chaperones are requested to spread out evenly in the group as the tour progresses.
- This facility is not handicap accessible. Anyone requiring walking assistance cannot be allowed to tour the facility. This is for their safety.
- There is no photography allowed in the plant.
- Anyone becoming unruly and refusing to comply with the rules set by management will be asked to leave immediately.
- Please note there are NO picnic areas/facilities at either tour location.
Please be advised that management has the final authority to grant or deny access to the facility. Should someone in the group be denied access, they will be shown to a lobby area where they may wait for the group.
Be advised that you have been given these regulations from Kleinpeter Farms Dairy prior to touring the facility. Any violation causing harm to anyone in the group or damage to the facility will be the responsibility of the group and/or the group leader. Kleinpeter Farms Dairy will not be held responsible for the group’s noncompliance.
NOTE: If it is raining on your scheduled day, please call the dairy at 225-753-2121 in advance to see if your tour will be held. Because tours are outdoors, it is not possible to conduct them during inclement weather.
We look forward to seeing you soon and hope you enjoy the tour!